GUN RIGHTS LAWYER
If you’ve been convicted of a felony or some other domestic violence crime, then you may have lost your right to possess a firearm RCW 9.41.010. As a Gun Rights Lawyer, The Wood Sims Law Office provides firearm restoration representation to have your firearm rights restored under Washington State law. Under Washington State law RCW 9.41.040 and RCW 9.41.047, an individual whom as have lost their right to possess a firearm has the right to ask the Court to restore their rights. Even if a prior conviction was vacated or sealed, you still may need to formally request to have your right to possess a firearm restored before you can legally possess a firearm.
GUN RIGHTS & WASHINGTON STATE LAW CRITERIA
- You may not have any criminal charges pending anywhere.
- You must not be subject to a protection order anywhere.
- Your conviction must not have been a class A felony or a sentence of at least 20 years in prison.
- Your conviction must not have been for a felony sex offense.
- You must have spent 5 years living in the community crime free, or 3 years crime free for a misdemeanor conviction.
- If your conviction was for a misdemeanor, you must have successfully completed every term and condition of each conviction.
If your conviction is a Class A felony or sex offense, you are not eligible to restore your gun rights under Washington State law. If you have questions, please contact the Wood Sims Law Office for a gun rights lawyer in Renton and beyond.